14 fun facts/quiz for the 14th day of February
(aka VALENTINES DAY!)
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and we thought we’d gather some ‘fun facts’ that you may not know about it! See how many you guess correctly and see if you can stump your family and friends!
- Based on retail statistics, about what percentage of pet owners will give gifts to their pets on this day? 3%
- What kind of flowers are traditionally given to symbolize love? Red roses.
- What other gift most often accompanies a bouquet of red roses? Chocolates.
- When did Richard Cadbury produce the first box of chocolates for this holiday? the late 1800's
- How many heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold? More than 35 million
- What is the approximate date the first Valentine was ever sent? 1415
- Which Scottish poet wrote A Red, Red Rose? Robbie Burns.
- What percentage of men buy flowers? 73% What percentage of woman buy flowers? 27%
- How much money is spent on the purchase of Chocolate for Valentine's Day? Over $1 billion
- What is the average number of wedding proposals on Valentine's Day each year? 220,000
- About how many Americans will buy gifts or cards for their dogs? 9 Million
- Which symbol does New York’s Empire State Building illuminate on every Valentine’s Day? A heart.
- Today we associate love with the heart, but this wasn’t always the case. In medieval times, which internal organ was believed to feel love? The liver.
- Who will receive the most Valentine's Day cards? Teachers, followed by children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets.
And just in time for Valentine's Day we have created a quick, inexpensive way to commemorate the Holiday with photos! Watch as your little one show off their adorableness in a Valentine’s Day themed studio session. Laugh as they roll around in red hearts, play with our ‘secret’ valentine mailbox, and possibly witness a sweet kiss between siblings.
Mini-Valentine Themed Photo Session
10 Images by Download